Tuesday 24 November
20u: P-café in Café Stuk (www.stuk.be/en). Jacob will lead the second of a two-part session on the nature of universal human rights.
Wednesday 25 November
19u30: Homegroup is replaced this week by a meeting of the KUL Saints (https://theo.kuleuven.be/en/education/saints). This will take place in the Maria-Theresiacollege (the main Faculty of Theology building) and the speaker will be the Revd Phil Lane, chair of Oasis België, one of the two charities supported by M&Ms, which works with the many Thai women sold into sex slavery in Belgium. Jack will meet anyone interested in coming who doesn't know how to find the right room outside the Café De Werf at 19u15: www.dewerf-leuven.be Also see: www.oasisbelgie.be
Sunday 29 November: Advent Sunday
18u30: Holy Communion led by Jack, who will continue our semester theme of parable, this week: Parables of prayer 2: The importunate neighbour (Luke 18:5-8). Our Advent prayer-tree will be inaugurated during the intercessions (Gijs knows all about this and will explain it). The service will be followed by refreshments - NB: we're getting short of bakers these days...
- Here are a few articles concerning the Paris terrorist attacks, including a very honest comment from Archbishop Justin:
- Here is a message from Ellie about the choir. We do need a pianist and more singers if our carol service is to be all that we wish for:
There’s nothing better at Christmas than having a good old sing-song. M&Ms wants YOU to lend your dulcet tones to the special edition Christmas Choir. We’ll be singing the classics, and some exciting new repertoire – make sure to brush up on your Hungarian beforehand. Jack’s also promised to give a private rendition of Santa Baby to anyone who turns up ;-)
And here comes the science bit… concentrate…
We’ll be meeting for a half-day rehearsal on Saturday 5th December in the chapel, from 2 – 7pm, and anyone who wants to can join us for a meal in Leuven afterwards. The carol service itself is a week later, on Sunday 13th December.
If you would like to join us, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Everyone’s welcome, and you don’t have to sight-read. We’ll go through the parts plenty of times.
- Looking ahead:
- 6 December will see 2 services at M&Ms: we worship with the JLC Catholic community at 10u30, when Katka and Martin (who are about to move to Vienna) will say goodbye over refreshments. Then we have our normal Communion at 18u30, followed by a meeting of the kerkfabriek
- 13 December sees our Advent Carol Service at 18u30, which will also be the Inauguration of our Pilgrimage and Parable Art Project
- Our Christmas Service will take place on 20 December at 18u30.
- There will be no services on 27 December and 3 January.
- We resume worship on 10 January (10u30 with the JLC, 18u30 on our own). Our themes for the new year will be (1) the Book of Job and (2) Healing.